Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Metaphysical Fundamentalism


"People who think the phenomenon is a positive one need a good wake-up call."
  ~Nick Redfern
I have no axe to grind with Nick.  The opinion he expresses is one held by a great many people.  It's also why I'm generally wary of paranormal investigators, and caution experiencers about the potential perils of seeking external validation.

Describing the phenomenon as positive or negative is not my cup o'tea.  What I do know, beyond any shadow of a doubt, is that my experiences have been overwhelmingly positive. Someone else could have basically the same experiences as mine and describe them as negative.

I would humbly suggest "People who think the phenomenon is a negative one" could conceivably benefit by studying this staggeringly complex phenomenon from a different perspective.




1 comment:

Arvin Hill said...

I can't believe no one thought the graphic was funny. Tough crowd!